42 KM Team Relay Open
This unique challenge is the opportunity to come together as a team and support one another as you each take on a leg of the ultra-marathon course. This special relay is the moment for everyone and anyone to get their toes wet in the sport of running.
What makes this relay unique is that you each will be following in the footsteps of the Legend Te Houtaewa. The first member of the team will receive a kumara (sweet potato) at the starting line and it will be your team’s task to pass the kumara to each member and return the kumara back to Paripari Domain.
|DATE||Saturday, 19 March 2022|
|DISTANCE||42 km / 26.1 mi|
|MINIMUM AGE||14 years as of 19 March 2022|
|START TIME||8:00 AM|
|START LOCATION||North of Hukatere|
|FINISH LOCATION||Paripari Domain, Ahipara|
|CUT-OFF TIME||2:00 PM|
|PRIZE GIVING||3:30 PM|
|ENTRY FEE||NZD $250|
- Race Bib
- Courtesy Bus to the start of the race only (Booking Essential)
- Official Wero Race Start
- Aid and fuel stations every 3 km
- Bag drop service
- End race recovery space, entertainment and ceremony
- Medical support available: St. John Ambulance
- Rongōa (Traditional Māori Massage) (Kohai)
- Returning of the Kumara TIkanga
- Te Houtaewa Tāonga (Finish Medal)
Transport Required for the Duration of the Race
- Your team must supply their own 4×4 vehicle with a designated team driver who will be there to support the running members by driving along the beach to the start point of each leg.