21 KM Half-Marathon
Half the distance with all the glory, the half marathon is a perfect opportunity for anyone to get their toes wet in unique running experience. Beginning at North Waipapakauri ramp this race is a relaxed challenge to the festival finish in Ahipara.
What makes this run unique is that you will be following in the footsteps of the Legend Te Houtaewa. As a participant you will receive a kumara (sweet potato) at the starting line and you will be challenged with the task of returning the kumara back to Paripari Domain.
- Race Bib
- Courtesy Bus to the start of the race only (Booking Essential)
- Official Wero Race Start
- Aid and fuel stations every 3 km
- Bag drop service
- End race recovery space, entertainment and ceremony
- Medical support available: St. John Ambulance
- Rongōa (Traditional Māori Massage) (Kohai)
- Returning of the Kumara TIkanga
- Te Houtaewa Tāonga (Finish Medal)
Transport Required for the Duration of the Race
- Transport to the start line is included for all Individual Marathon Runners Event
- Confirmation of transport is essential and we recommend you book early to avoid disappointment
- A bus will be departing the Paripari Domain and Marae in Ahipara and Kaitaia old Pak n Sav. Please check with your race event timetable.
- The bus to the start line will depart at the Kaitaia old Pak n Sav and will take you to the start line.
- There will be baggage bins provided at the start line for the runner’s personal belongings, and personal belongings will be available for collection at THMCT Container HQ’s at Paripari Domain, Ahipara.